Thursday, June 6, 2013

Apple Pie Oatmeal?

So I got a bit experimental this morning and made some apple pie inspired oatmeal. I decided to eat it all before I took a picture to make sure it's worth putting up - so I don't have a picture, but here's the recipe:

1/2 Cup Oatmeal (Steel cut or Rolled)
1/4 Cup Quick Oats (Not instant)
1/2 Banana - very ripe.
1 Small Apple, chopped
1 Tbsp Honey
Cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice to taste,
1/4tsp Vanilla Extract
10 Crushed and Toasted Almonds

Preheat oven at 300F

Mix banana and 1/4 cup of quick oats into a mush, spread it out like a pancake on a baking tray with a bit of spray or wax paper, and put it in the oven for about 20 minutes.

Cook the oatmeal and apple less water than you would normally use. When the water starts to dry up, add the honey, spices, and vanilla and mix well.

Take the banana/oats pancake above out and mold it around the inside of a bowl. I had a bit extra.

Fill it up with the oatmeal / apple mixture and put the almonds on top.

Thumbs up.

I'll post up a picture the next time I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment